Installation instructions for Mac:
If you are updating a previously installed version of the Moon Planting Matrix and have custom data you wish to transfer to the new version, make sure you have a good export file of your data before installing this software. This file should NOT be in your Moon Planting Matrix folder. Clicking the Export button on the Prefs screen will create the export file which will be called “MPM_export_(the date).txt”
Please create a separate folder for these Export files and make sure they get backed up to a separate drive.
To install the software:
1) Download the program from the website. Double-Click the Moon Planting Matrix Mac [version] .zip file to begin installation.
A new window should open that contains the Moon Planting Matrix folder and the Applications folder. If you get a message that the file is corrupted, you probably got an incomplete download. Try downloading with a different browser.
2) Copy the Moon Planting Matrix folder to your Applications folder. If you are updating the software you should replace the older version.
3) If you don’t have a shortcut to the Moon Planting Matrix program on your Dock or Desktop then Drag the Moon Planting Matrix.app icon to your Dock (or create an Alias to put on your Desktop). Make sure the app also stays in the Moon Planting Matrix folder.
4) Open Moon Planting Matrix from the Moon Planting Alias icon in the Dock or on your Desktop.
5) When you open the program for the first time you will probably get a message that the program was downloaded from the Internet (or an unidentified developer). Our software has been certified virus-free and WILL NOT harm your computer. Click the Open button to continue.
If you do not see such a button then follow these directions: Open your System Preferences and go to Security & Privacy settings and confirm there that it is OK to open the Moon Planting Matrix.app near the bottom of the General section. We can assure you that our software is virus free.
If you still have a problem opening the software (the program launches, then closes right after you see a small window that just says “SpiritWorks Software”, then:
6) Open the Moon Planting Matrix program folder in Applications. Locate the calendr.rev file, click it once and then choose Get Info from the File menu.
7) In the Open With section choose Other… from the menu of suggested applications, which will be the very last choice. An Open dialog will appear, asking you to locate an application to open calendr.rev with. Start by clicking the Recommended Applications menu and choose All Applications.
8) Locate the Moon Planting Matrix app in the Moon Planting Matrix folder in Applications. Enable the Always Open With option and then click Add. Next click the Change All button which is also in the Open With section of Get Info.
9) If you have an export file, Register the new version and then click Import on the Prefs screen.
Otherwise you will have 30 days to try out the software before needing to register.
You can purchase a registration number at